Monday, March 19, 2012

Asian Flank Steak Skewers

Another new one to add to my recipe book!! :-) These are delicious. I forgot to take a pic, so I'm using the one from the original recipe from www.skinnytaste.com. I love this website! I also served ours over steamed white rice. Very filling and very yummy! Jared and I both agreed that next time we will add steamed broccoli to the mix to add more filler for zero more points! 4 Skewers are 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus Points. 1 cup of steamed white rice is 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus Points. Delicious! 


What you will need: 



  • 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced thin

  • 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium soy sauce (Use Tamari for Gluten Free)

  • 2 cloves minced garlic

  • 1 tsp fresh ginger

  • 1 tsp sesame oil

  • 1 lime, juice of



  • What you will do: 


    • Slice steak into thin strips
    • Mix all other ingredients together
    • Marinate steak in mixture for at least one hour
    • After steak has marinated, add it to the grill or fry pan, cook on each side a few minutes to your liking. (The recipe said to thread each piece of meat onto a skewer, but I skipped that and just grilled them without). 
    Serve with steamed white rice if you wish. ENJOY!! 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment