Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Home Designs: Part One

Alright! So I'm bored at work and I'm thinking no better time to start sharing my "creative projects". So here are the first two...with many more to come!

So this one is one of my favorites! This one was inspired by my love to show off my wonderful relationship! I waited many years for a man like Jared and now that I have him, I cherish every memory! (okay, you can gag now). For this, I just bought what I thought was a funky curtain rod. Then went to Hobby Lobby and found 4 different types of Ribbon in two different colors (sage and chocolate, my living room colors). I bought some shear sage and shear chocolate and then a solid sage and solid choclate. I then found 8 frames 4 in chocolate, 4 in sage, each in a set of their own including a 4X6 and a 5x7. I then had 4 5x7's printed of some of our favorite pics and 4 4x6's. I tried to just place them sporadically with the different ribbons. I then created my own wall quote from UpperCase Living in a Chocolate font to go underneath...and there ya have it. This hangs on the wall that leads to our downstairs, perfect spot for it!


This is my second "creative project" for this blog! I actually have to give Jared a LITTLE bit of credit for this one. He had the idea that doing something with old windows would be fun. The rest I took upon myself. So, we found three old windows on my brothers farm. I debated on wheater or not to completely redo them, but came to the conclusion that the more weathered and beat up, the better, so I left them. I then printed out tons of pics 5x7's and 4x6's in a sepia color. I did not print pics of just us, but of loved ones, us with friends, family, vacations, etc. Pretty much pictures that show us enjoying life to the fullest! My favorite is the one of Jared airborne after zip lining into the water! I would have done one with me zip lining too, but my face just looks to frightened! :-) I then taped the pics with very small strips of tape (so you can barely see them) to the windows. And once again, I created my own quote from UpperCase Living which says, "In life, we prefer the window seat". This is in our hallway upstairs. Again, a perfect spot for this project!!
Hope you enjoy these projects.
Keep wondering...

4 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I'm so jealous because I don't have a creative bone in my body! (Other than writing of course;)
    I'll show my mom the pics in the old windows - she's been talking about doing that for years and is always on the lookout for old farmhouse windows to do this with...
    I think I will attempt to do the curtain rod one...but how did you attach the ribbons to the frames? Glue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no glue, just tie them in a pretty bow and they hang nicely! If you want them to hang uniform, completely straight, then yes, I'd use glue! Let me know how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both, the windows are my fav...I've been wanting to do this, and use pictures from our hooneymoon, but try finding old windows in Vegas....yeah right....so needless to say im at a standstill on that idea...got any left overs let me know, I think at this point I'm willing to have them shipped to me!! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute.... I love the window idea too. Way to go Jared! You are so lucky to have a Hobby Lobby, I have heard so many good things about it and have never been in one. Hopefully soon.... :)

    ReplyDelete